Pickard's Chinese Syncpators

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2005
      Yesterday I e-bayed a CD from a British partwork by the Marshall Cavendish company. It is a compilation produced by Tony Russell and Alyn Shipton and restored by John R.T. Davies and bears the title "Sounds of Surprise". It includes one track by Professor Hull's Anthems of Joy discussed on this list in the recent past.

      However the track I'm writing about is called "Stay Out of the South" by Pickard's Chinese Syncopators. The Internet has little on this group, save that they recorded a couple of sides for Gennett and are on the soundtrack of two films, a 1935 British film and a 1931 film "Singapore Sue". Unfortunately, the CD I won comes without the magazine (most of them seem to), so can anyone tell me what it has to say about the band and the track?

      Kind regards,

      Michael
      Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail k├Ânnen Sie eine SMS an alle