Re: [RedHotJazz] Blues with Bechet

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2005
      To partly answer my own question, I listened to both records last night. While they start sounding very much the same and the recordings in both cases have a very obtrusive underlying hum, the major difference is the playing time: the track with Bechet is over a minute longer. I'm not sure if editing techniques were sufficiently mature in 1940.
      A possibility for closer comparison is parallel listening in a single stereorized recording (e.g. inserting both recordings into separate channels of a single stereo track as suggested by Norman Field in the Bix forum).

      Cheers,

      Michael