Old man without a horn

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2005
      Hi- Bix is famous for his young man with a horn pic- I just uploaded a
      picture to share that i think has as much meaning as any jazz picture i
      have ever seen- It is a picture of Nick La Rocca late in life seated at
      a table holding a picture of the Original Dixieland Jazz Band and
      probably remembering when he and the band were famous so long ago- Due
      to a heart attack he was unable to play any more so in the picture he
      is the "old man without a horn".And the most prophetic and touching
      thing in the picture is the 2 dolls seated in the chair next to him as
      if because of all his angry rants against blacks and wild claims that
      he was the true creator of jazz himself he has alienated everyone who
      listed to him and all that remain at the end are 2 dolls to listen to
      his story.
      This picture to me is the single most important touching significant
      image of all the pictures i have seen of jazzmen- You can see the
      picture in the "photos" section.- Linda