Re: [RedHotJazz] How come?

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 2005
      So why not start a discussion? In my opinion, this is a discussion list and it is up to the members to address what they feel are worthwhile subjects and not to be entertained by others.

      Best

      Michael

      > I have never seen any mention of Sol Hoopii or King Bennie Nawahi on the
      > list. They're from the Hawaiian hot jazz circle. I saw Sol on the site but,
      > I think it would be great if the site also had stuff form this genre. Sol
      > played with Louis A. by the way and then there's Bing who also got in on the
      > Hawaiian craze.
      >
      > -Adriel

      Mit der Gruppen-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail k├Ânnen Sie eine SMS an alle
    • Robert Smith
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 12, 2005
        Hello Linda,

        You can get free (gratis) software off the Internet that corrects speed, pitch, volume, etc.
        The URL is:
        http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

        Cheers

        Bob Smith

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 15, 2005
          on 12/8/05 7:22, Scott Alexander at scott@... wrote:

          > Adriel,
          > When did Sol Hoopii play with with Armstrong? I added Armstong's 1936
          > session with Andy Iona'a band and Lionel Hampton here:
          > http://www.redhotjazz.com/polynesians.html
          >
          > I also added a page aout the 1937 session but I'm too tired to look for
          > the 78 right now. I'll dig around tomorrow.
          > http://www.redhotjazz.com/islanders.html
          >
          > I don't have a discography for King Bennie Nawahi's jazz oriented records.

          Probably because there isn't one! Rust and B&G between them list those which
          are jazz as distinct from merely jazz-oriented.

          Malcolm Rockwell, who is related to the OKeh A&R man Tommy Rockwell, but I
          forget what the relationship is, has compiled a comprehensive discography of
          Hawaiian music, parts of which I have seen and it looks good. I believe it
          is complete as we account such matters, because no discography is ever
          complete, but lacks a publisher.

          Potential angels should probably apply to Malcolm for canonization.