Elizalde tape

  • Robert Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2005
      Apologies, listmates, but I sent the following two E-mails to Linda off-list, and they were refused by the server she uses, so I have to post them here.

      E-mail No. 1:
      Hello Linda,

      I've just received the tape (12:00 GMT, this was Tuesday Aug. 2nd), and everything seems to be in order.
      I'm just starting the conversion to CD.
      I'll let you know when I've finished and the CD is in the post.

      E-mail No. 2:
      I've now posted the two CD's (and this was Thursday, Aug. 4th). You should get these during next week. Please drop me an E-mail when you get them so that I'll know they arrived safely. I've kept everything on the PC in case I have to do a re-make. Also, I see that one track from the Elizalde sessions is missing, viz. "Baltimore" that originally backed "Brandy And Soda" on Brunswick 161. If you ever get this, you could send it as an MP3, and I can burn you a new CD together with all the other tracks.
      I've not done any editing except for two things. The first is that I've recorded all the tracks at the same peak volume level, so that one setting of the volume control should be correct for all tracks when listening. The other is that I thought the final applause on "Sorry" was a bit explosive, so I've faded it. Incidentally, "Sorry" sounds like a private concert recording of an outfit that reminds me of Eddie Condon with Max Kaminsky on trumpet.
      Hope the CD's are up to your expectations.

      Kind Regards

      Bob