Re: [RedHotJazz] Names & Numbers was Source of Divergent lp label "Victorious Bix" lp's?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
      on 5/8/05 11:27, Michael Rader at Rader.Michael@... wrote:

      > Speaking of Erik Bakker, what is he doing jazz-wise these days? I used to
      > subscribe to "Micrography" and bought regularly from Golden Age Records while
      > his father was alive and I think I bought several items related to the Beatles
      > from Erik for my sister. I have an inkling that "Names and Numbers" is still
      > in existence, but anything else?

      Names & Numbers is now produced by Stichting Names & Numbers: 20 euros for 4
      issues (25 euros outside Europea) to Gerard J. Hoogeveen, Reine Claudestraat
      15, 1326 JC Almere, Netherlands. This is an advert.

      Erik is still a fellow member of the editorial team but as far as I know is
      currently a sleeping partner and is devoting his time to his thriving
      printing business. I haven't seen him for 3 years or so. His Beatles period
      is over and all his current projects relate to more worthwhile music! He was
      the moving force behind reviving Names & Numbers.

      (Please don't anybody waste bandwidth by telling us how important the
      Beatles are. We know, we know. We've been told.)