991Re: [RedHotJazz] Need information on Fats Waller boxed set of Lp's

    Aug 1, 2005
      on 1/8/05 17:42, Linda at jazzgirl1920s@... wrote:

      > Hi- i bought a box set of 3 lp's of Fats Waller at a used record store
      > this weekend.There is no information about the places or dates of the
      > recordings except for a title list on the back of the box. It is "Oh
      > Mercy! Looka Here" Fats Waller- His Piano His Rhythm-on Honeysuckle
      > Rose # 5001-on the back of the box it has-"Honeysuckle Rose Records-
      > 1981- A Product of Marlor Productions, P.O. Box 156, Hicksville , N.Y.
      > 11802-- I had never heard of Honeysuckle Rose records, or Marlor
      > Productions- Can anyone give me information on what is on these 3 lp's
      > in the box set and who released them?- Thanks, Linda

      They came from the same source as Meritt, etc. (i.e Jerry Valburn, whose
      P.O. Box No. that was).

      Howard Rye "Fats In Fact: the Reissues" (1993) records that these are the
      complete Flip Wallace Associated transcriptions of 11 March 1935 including
      the two unissued masters, followed by the Associated transcriptions of 7
      August 1939, complete including all unissued material except for a very
      short breakdown of Nagasaki from matrix 2145.

      (The breakdown of Nagasaki was eventually issued on Stash STCD528)

      The Honeysuckle Rose set was almost reissued in France on Nec Plus Ultra
      502.003/006/011, but for some unknown reason the French set omits an
      incomplete version of E Flat Blues from the second LP.