      Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 3:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] What a shame to be so lo-tech

      Zounds! I can't follow this. But I do hear George Lewis' influence in Woody Allen's playing--particularly in the descending step arpeggios. Know what I mean?

      On Jun 20, 2014, at 4:43 AM, fearfeasa fearfeasa@... [RedHotJazz] wrote:

      I quoted the sentence exactly as Peter wrote it. Perhaps he wrote "Woody Allen" in an earlier post that I missed. Apologies to Peter if I got him wrong. It's no easier to follow the sequence of posts in this revived edition of RHJ than it was in the old one.

      On 20/06/2014, at 5:26 PM, Michael Rader Rader.Michael@... [RedHotJazz] wrote:

      He actually wrote Woody Allen, although you're right in the latter part of your mail.
      Michael Rader

      Am 20.06.2014 08:24, schrieb fearfeasa fearfeasa@... [RedHotJazz]:

      Really ???  George Lewis was influenced by Woody Herman, you mean. Lewis's "St. Philip Street Break Down" is only a simplified, bowdlerised version of Herman's Chips Boogie Woogie (1940).

      On 20/06/2014, at 1:53 AM, PETER GERLER pgerler@... [RedHotJazz] wrote:

      …Woody was also influenced by George Lewis…

      PG

    • Show all 74 messages in this topic