      I believe that the main concern Scott had was the change in the music copyright laws which were extended much longer than in the past.

      My impression was that he did not want legal troubles and did not see a way out. The other concern was that the platform which the RHJA was built on was outdated.

      I am under the impression that he lives in California and could be located.

      On Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:27 AM, Patrice Champarou <patrice.champarou@free.fr> wrote:
      Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:50 AM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Red Hot Jazz Archive down
      Hi Folks,
                       RHJA is still working for me. I accessed it a few minutes ago and it was working fine.
      TTFN - 007
      Strange things are happening... I opened one page a few minutes ago, and instead of the Realplayer, the tune I clicked on requested... the VLC player !
      At this very minute, no link seems to work any longer... and I cannot even access the welcome page with Firefox, Chrome, or Opera (only I.E. takes me to the address)
      Re: Peter, it is not only a matter of respect for Scott’s work, but for anyone who is curretly hosting the site (and was probably granted the right to do so).
      Be it only for technical reasons...  if I fancied hosting a mirror of the site at, say, http://earlyjazz.org (which I bought long ago in case it would become useful some day)
      every single page would soon appear as a “competing” one on Google – which “is not done” IMO.
      The first thing I plan to do is make another copy of the site to see if there have been any changes, trying to understand if “someone" is currently “doing something” about it ! And maybe attempt once again to get in touch with that “someone”... but below is all the info I could get :
      Domain Name: REDHOTJAZZ.COM
      Registry Domain ID:
      Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
      Registrar URL: http//www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
      Updated Date: 2011-12-14
      Creation Date: 1998-12-11
      Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-12-10
      Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
      Registrar IANA ID: 2
      Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@web.com
      Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 1-800-333-7680
      Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
      Registry Registrant ID:
      Registrant Name: The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      Registrant Organization: The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      Registrant Street: ATTN insert domain name here care of Network Solutions PO Box 459
      Registrant City: Drums
      Registrant State: PA
      Registrant Postal Code: 18222
      Registrant Country: US
      Registrant Phone: 570-708-8780
      Registrant Phone Ext:
      Registrant Fax:
      Registrant Email:
      Registry Admin ID:
      Admin Name: Helffrich, Alan
      Admin Organization: TechNoir
      Admin Street: ATTN insert domain name here care of Network Solutions PO Box 459
      Admin City: Drums
      Admin State: PA
      Admin Postal Code: 18222
      Admin Country: US
      Admin Phone: 570-708-8780
      Admin Phone Ext:
      Admin Fax:
      Admin Email: gn8rn32e5ec@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
      Registry Tech ID:
      Tech Name: Helffrich, Alan
      Tech Organization: TechNoir
      Tech Street: ATTN insert domain name here care of Network Solutions PO Box 459
      Tech City: Drums
      Tech State: PA
      Tech Postal Code: 18222
      Tech Country: US
      Tech Phone: 570-708-8780
      Tech Phone Ext:
      Tech Fax:
      Tech Email: gn8rn32e5ec@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
      Name Server: DNS4.TECHNOIR.NET
      Name Server: NS.WEINBERG.NET
      URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
      >>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 09:17:35 UTC <<<

      Andrew Taylor, MLS
      Associate Curator, Visual Resources