9462Re: [RedHotJazz] Armstrong's 1929 Mahogany Hall Stomp - different speeds

  • Richard Fannan
    May 10, 2013
      I have three versions of Mahogany Hall Stomp on CD and loaded into iTunes. A

      The one from the Complete Hot Fives and Hot, according to the iTunes info, is 3:17.

      The one from Portrait of an Artist, according to the iTunes info, is 3:20

      The one from History of Jazz, a set on Platco, according to the iTunes info, is 3:35

      Listening to them, I couldn't detect any tempo differences.

      Don't have the one on Louis in New York