9455Re: [RedHotJazz] The Cabin in the Cotton (1932)

  • Peter L Reid
    Apr 30, 2013
      On 30/04/2013 10:37 PM, Jim wrote:
      > What is the YouTube link?
      Hi Jim, and thank you Howard.

      Jim try this -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpdOmbOnLQ

      Howard do you have any idea of the personnel of the band in the film?
      My books tell me that Les Hite took over Paul Howard' Quality
      Serenaders in 1930
      and Louis later performed with them from 1930-32, and called it his New
      Sebastion
      Cotton Club Orchestra. (What a great name)
      The trumpeter on "Willie the Weeper" ( in the film) is worth a mention.

      Peter L