9432Re: [RedHotJazz] Dawkin's Famous Coloured Jazz Band

    Mar 3, 2013
      Yeah, but it wasn't like that in 1919 or 1939, or even 1959. I'm showing my
      age, perhaps. Spell-checkers are imposing American spelling on the British,
      but my parents book-shelves were full of stuff about the war referring to a
      non-existent place called Pearl Harbour. My father was a newspaperman and
      his paper's rigid policy was that no American spelling should ever appear
      anywhere, even in a quotation.