9233The purpose of this forum? (was: Thanks to Scot, the mods and members of this group)

  • Bob Smith
    Sep 3, 2012
      Dear Livio,

      Patrice has given a very able and comprehensive answer to your E-mail.

      However, for my part, I'd like to hear what you'd like to see written about in the communications to this forum.

      I was captivated by New Orleans jazz in 1947, and have had a passionate interest in it ever since. I have a room containing almost all the recordings that I consider important in this style, plus four metres of shelving holding books about jazz. In addition, I've been running a weekly hour-long programme on local radio here in the north of Norway called 'Jazz 'n Blues' for the last twelve years.

      However, it would take someone with a much greater literary ability than I have to describe why I love New Orleans jazz.

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith