9226Re: [RedHotJazz] Museum poster ?

  • Bob Smith
    Sep 1, 2012
      Dear JT Dyamond

      Sorry, but I can't agree. Kid Ory was a smallish, dapper man just like the
      man on the right. He played the trombone right-handed, and his trombones(s),
      in all the pictures I've seen, had a circular balancing weight on the tuning
      slide that is not present on the trombone on the left.
      He wasn't born in New Orleans, but moved there when he was 25 years old, and led a very successful
      jazz orchestra during World War I.

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith