      From: Bob Smith
      Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:10 PM
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Museum poster ?

      The poster is very interesting in that there aren't many museums that feature or featured jazz musicians. I mean, of course, other than the museums specializing in a particular musician, such as the Louis Armstrong museum.
      I'm a bit puzzled by the trombonist on the left. It can't be Jim Robinson for several reasons - he wasn't left -handed, his hair and hair-style were totally different from the man in the picture, and I doubt very much whether he was sufficiently known at the time the poster was made. After all, he was a dock worker, and virtually an amateur musician, until he became known in the jazz revival in the early 1940's.
      The only left-handed trombonist that I know of was Albert Wynn. He was born in New Orleans (1907), but moved to Chicago at an early age. Then again, he didn't have the physique and hair-style of the man in the picture.
      Face and hair style remind me most of George Brunis, but he wasn't left-handed. It is, however, possible that the picture was reversed to achieve a pictorial balance.

      Bob Smith