9094Re: [RedHotJazz] Wild Bill Davison was Introduction

  • Tony Standish
    Feb 29, 2012
      Rewarding it is to hear such kind and well-considered words about Bill. We
      are in nearly complete agreement - the Condon treadmill has always been for
      me like a stroll in a familiar park - and I can only add that Bill's ability
      to place those fiery phrases in just a right, slightly awry context has
      always elicited a tiny gasp of admiration. And he left gaps that allowed his
      front line sidekicks room to move.
      Now excuse while I go and play "After you've gone" with Bing and a real
      favourite - "Bonaparte's Retreat."

      (I thought I'd lost Red Hot Jazz, so I'm chuffed to once more enjoy the
      erudite musings from Dave, Howard and all the other awesomely informed
      members.)

      Tony

      > ³

    • Show all 66 messages in this topic