8850Re: [RedHotJazz] Josephine Baker

  • Peter L Reid
    Sep 26, 2011
      On 26/09/2011 3:32 AM, louis wrote:

      > I could not have put it any better.
      > I absolutely second what Patrice wrote here.
      >
      > Louis

      Hi All,
      I don't wish to get in a bun fight over the merits or otherwise of Edith
      Piaff.
      I will state up front I have never liked her singing.
      I would listen to Bessie Smith or Billie Holiday or Joshephine Baker
      in preference to Piaff any day,
      That however is the wonderful aspect of the music people like, and why
      there is,
      and has been, such a wide diversification of music types and styles
      since the
      year dot. If that wasn't so we wouldn't have this discussion forum would we?
      My comment re Piaff was not meant to generate a reaction, and I am sorry
      Patrice if that was what I intimated. It was a personal sentiment only.

      Peter L.