8844Re: [RedHotJazz] Josephine Baker

    Sep 25, 2011
      I would go further and say that while I think Jo Baker¹s earlier work is
      underrated in jazz terms, and her dancing in terms of jazz dance also, on a
      wider canvas of judging vernacular musics on their own terms, Edith Piaf is
      an incomparably superior and more important artist. One can speak of Bessie
      Smith or Billie Holiday is the same breath as Piaf, but not La Baker!