8785RE: [RedHotJazz] Noone on Oliver's Camp Meeting Blues

    Aug 29, 2011
      Nice to have this one riding again.

      What I previously observed was that the unmistakable sweet sound -- tone --
      of Noone is absent from the last three Columbia sides which were apparently
      recorded on the day after the first side. And does anybody know the evidence
      for this ? The acoustic and balance for these sides -- and the tone of the
      clarinet -- certainly sound different.

      Buster was a fine technician and, chameleonlike, could cover various styles.

      There is also a story -- which I cannot at the moment find -- that Buster
      carried around with him a KOCJB record as an example of his own playing.The
      only record which would fit here is the issue of Camp Meeting/London Cafe.

      It is also reported in 'King Joe Oliver' that Noone, enigmatically, both
      confirmed and denied his presence when played these sides. This also speaks
      for his presence on only one side.