8602Re: Sweet Emma

  • Robert
    Apr 28, 2011
      According to Stagg & Crump's admittedly by now rather aged discography, this track was never issued on disc and I think that's still the case.
      The line-up: Punch Miller trumpet, Paul Crawford trombone, George Lewis clarinet, Emma Barrett piano, Allan Jaffe tuba, Cie Frazier drums.
      Preservation Hall, New Orleans, 1965.
      Robert Greenwood.

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Peter L Reid <reid1947@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      > Can anybody tell me if the soundtrack of the film "Cincinnati Kid", was
      > ever released, specifically the
      > minute or so of Preservation Hall with Sweet Emma and Punch Miller
      > playing "Gates Blues"
      > ("The Rivers In Mourning")? Somewhere I have a list of the rest of the
      > band but I can't find it.
      > One of my top 10 films. I never tire of seeing New Orleans in the 60's
      > or watching poker played as it
      > should be. Not this Texas Hold 'em rubbish.
      > Peter L.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic