8502Re: [RedHotJazz] Instrumentation similar to the KOCJB

  • Peter L Reid
    Feb 28, 2011
      On 28/02/2011 9:48 PM, David Brown wrote:

      > Can anybody find evidence, documentary, pictorial or on record of a two
      > cornet line up before 1923 in N.O. -- or anywhere ?
      >
      > Dave

      I have photos in a book called "New Orleans Jazzmen" by Rose and Souchon of
      "Happy Schillings Orchestra" 1915 with 2 trumpets/cornets in the line-up.
      "Manuel Perez Jazz Band" 1923 with 2 trumpets/cornets in the line-up.
      "John Robichaux Orchestra" 1896 with 2 cornets in the line-up.
      Not to say they weren't publicity photos of all the band members, who
      alternated
      on different nights.
      I presume by your question you are not including the many brass bands
      with a 2 horn
      line-up.

      Peter