8416Annette Hanshaw, Lee Morse and Weimar Republic music

  • Alex Hill
    Feb 6, 2011
      Hi, folks,

      It may not be your cup of tea but the website of Redhotjazz says jazz before
      1930.

      This link is before 1930.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2oLEf6Ylo Annette Hanshaw sings "Nothing"
      in 1927

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyQMYExUa8 Annette Hanshaw sings "Happy days
      are here again" this is 1930.

      Notice her voice changed from 1927 to 1930 - I wonder why..... drink or
      stress or vocal problems.

      The other jazz singer in that time was also Lee Morse.... she plays the
      guitar but I don't think it is much of a jazz singer.... see for
      yourself..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxJ2lFcJCKg

      Now the other thing, is Weimar Republic music is much in tune with the
      REDHOTJAZZ. Most music of that era could be heard on Youtube and Weimar
      Rundfunk via Live365 website. I find it really great music.

      Don't you?

      Apologies if it is not your cup of tea....

      ta

      alex
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic