8410Re: Oliver's Dixie Syncopators Photo

  • BSGoggin
    Feb 5 9:12 AM
      Hello John,

      There is no photo of the Dixie Syncopators with Ory in it (unless one has surfaced in the last few years). All three (I'm almost certain it's three) have George Filhe in them. It's Oliver, Schoffner, Filhe, Howard, Nicholas, Bigard, Russell, Scott, Cobb & Barbarin in them and all were done the same day I think...

      The best quality and clearest one I've seen is in Jim Godbolt's Jazz Ephemera and Collectibles book from about 1991. Do you have that book?

      All the best,
      Brian.