8405RE: [RedHotJazz] Photograph in Keepnews & Grauer

    Feb 4, 2011
      Right not Marrero.

      Spring Books, printed in Czechoslovakia on paper recycled, diplomatically,
      from Gestapo files after a good drubbing by T34s, using the most modern
      printing technique available in 12th century Tibet.

      But they were cheap. I bought mine for 10 bob in the local High Street
      W.H.Smith.

      But honestly the quality of reproduction is very poor, marring the value of
      some very rare photos, some of which I have never seen elsewhere, including
      the Henry Allen Brass Band, the version of which I found online, I think,
      from this very book. Maybe the first edition was better ?

      So they'd all sure be sitting in the back row of that church Pops described
      so very hard to say who on banjo except that he wears specs. Did St Cyr ?
      Also Chilton is he did not leave N.O. from 30s to 1955. I think it might be
      a chunkier and darker than usual Danny Barker who Chilton has as 'gigging'
      with Bunk in 1947.

      Reading round, I find that Marrero was not wanted by the penny pinching
      management for a later season at the 'S.C.' so George left him at home which
      Marrero forever after resented. Hillman excuses George for this as having no
      choice. What we think ?