      From: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of hans.eekhoff
      Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 11:57 AM
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: Inaccuracies in VJM article on the Goldkette band
      and McKinney's Cotton Pickers

      I very much agree with Dave that it is an important issue. Again I would
      again like to point out the great detail with which Redman described the
      occasion - hardly likely that he made it all up. Besides, when he told the
      story is wasn't all that long after it happened!
      But, more importantly, the Goldkette band DID record later that day and "An
      Old Italian Love Song" was issued.
      Here is a link to the tune:

      http://www.redhotjazz.com/Songs/goldkette/oldital.ram

      To my ears this is not the same band as the one that recorded "Bertha"
      earlier that day - what do you think?

      Hans Eekhoff