8283Re: Inaccuracies in VJM article on the Goldkette band and McKinney's Cotton Pickers

  • hans.eekhoff
    Jan 24, 2011
      I very much agree with Dave that it is an important issue. Again I would again like to point out the great detail with which Redman described the occasion - hardly likely that he made it all up. Besides, when he told the story is wasn't all that long after it happened!
      But, more importantly, the Goldkette band DID record later that day and "An Old Italian Love Song" was issued.
      Here is a link to the tune:

      http://www.redhotjazz.com/Songs/goldkette/oldital.ram

      To my ears this is not the same band as the one that recorded "Bertha" earlier that day - what do you think?

      Hans Eekhoff