      From: "Nick Dellow" <nick.dellow@...>
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 1:33 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Dixie Washboard Band - Shake That Thing

      Frog Records will be releasing "Clarence Williams - Gimme Blues" (DGF 75) in
      the near future. We would like to include "Shake That Thing" by the Dixie
      Washboard Band, which would result in all the band's recordings being
      reissued for the first time, but unfortunately this side is proving to be
      somewhat elusive! According to Rust, it was released on Domino 3671, with
      "Wait Till You See My Baby Do The Charleston" on the reverse. However, the
      only known issued master pressing of the latter side is to be found on
      Oriole 565 not the Domino (the other side of Oriole 565 is a Sam Lanin
      recording!). Moreover, Rust does not list a take number for "Shake That
      Thing", providing instead a question mark next to the matrix number
      (6432-?). Was Domino 3671 ever actually issued, or is it simply phenomenally
      rare?! I know this is a long shot, but does anyone out there own a copy of
      Domino 3671 or have a clean transfer of "Shake That Thing" that we could

      Best wishes for 2011,

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic