      From: Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Mabel´s Dream
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 8 November, 2010, 22:27

      There are three recordings of Mabel's Dream by the Creole Jazz Band. On the RHJA
      site the best version IMHO is missing - I don't know why. In addition, it has
      the same date as the other two versions, which is incorrect. The OKeh 8487
      version has a wonderful cornet duet by Oliver and Armstrong which to me is one
      of the highlights of all the Creole Band recordings. (A second session has two
      takes.)
      The discographical information that I have, based on CD notes, also indicates
      confusion as to the actual recording dates of the two sessions, and even
      confusion as to which recording session came first.
      Does anybody know if these recording dates have been settled?