8183Re: [RedHotJazz] Queen of Slap

  • Bob Smith
    Aug 27 5:29 AM
      Dear Mordechai

      Many thanks for the New Orleans Quartet YouTube of Swanee River.
      It's a pity the double bass was somewhat under-recorded, I could hardly hear it on my Chinese PC speakers, but by feeding the sound into the stereo rig and boosting the bass response I was able to get a very good impression of Annie Hawkins' playing.
      I think it's a very good idea playing YouTubes on this forum, I only hope someone can find some Johnny Dodds and George Lewis footage. However good revivalist jazz will also be welcome.

      Kind Regards

      Bob Smith