8177Re: [RedHotJazz] Queen of Slap

    Aug 26, 2010
      From: "PETER GERLER" <pgerler@...>
      Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 7:56 PM
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Queen of Slap

      > Hello Mordechai,
      >
      > Many thanks for this link. I do think it is important to post these
      > events.

      Of course it is... the trouble is that we have few reactions, I know (and I
      am quite "absent" from the group myself, for various reasons) but I guess
      most of what is posted here is read with great interest.
      Not only by free visitors of the webpage, which has been available to
      everyone from the start, but also - and first of all - by many silent group
      members. To give you an idea, out of the latest 20 most recent subscribers
      who never posted a line, 18 have opted for "individual mail", which means
      that they enjoy getting news from the group right in their mailboxes,
      together with their personal mail, rather than reading the message board.
      The drawback is obviously that the RHJ mailing-list will never be as
      reactive as a forum can be, but a total of 744 jazz lovers who never clicked
      the "unsubscribe" button still means something!

      Patrice (lazy group-owner, mainly concerned with requests, approvals,
      un-moderation, and bouncing addresses, ok... ;-)
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic