      From: Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 20 August, 2010 11:43:51 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Keppard- Graham

      In listening to the Doc Cook's Dreamland Orchestra sides from July 1926 I
      realized that I can clearly distinguish between two cornets on my new system.
      The second cornet player is listed as Elwood Graham. I always thought that the
      forceful cornet playing on these four sides was Freddie Keppard (especially
      around 2 min on Spanish Mama) but I saw somewhere that the lead is played by
      Graham with Freddie Keppard in the background.
      Elwood Graham is virtually unknown, and I cannot find much information about
      Does anybody know who is playing the lead on Spanish Mama, and is there any more

      information on Graham?
      (My apologies if this topic was covered previously, but I cannot recall such.)