8159Re: RedHotJazz in Ubuntu

  • tommersl
    Aug 10, 2010
      What you need is real player 8 for linux that supports the old format and it will play most of the redhotjazz.com files as I recall if nothing changed since then. The installer file was rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1.bin thats what I had long ago and probably it can be found somewhere on the net, and maybe you'll need old libraries to install it or something. I don't know whether it is installable on modern ubuntu in a strict way, maybe the ubuntu itself has realplayer8 extention but somehow the 11 don't support older versions. I used the real player 8 on other than ubuntu linux distributions and I don't know what the situation for ubuntu I only know the 8 worked for me back then.

      Tommer