      From: hans.eekhoff <oriole@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 2:24:11 AM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: ODJB film from 1917

      Apparently someone has taken the trouble to write that synopsis - which suggests that the film still exists. Note that there is no mentioning here of the ODJB or its members.
      In the "Story Of The Original Dixieland Jazz Band" by H.O. Brunn, "The Good For Nothing" is mentioned as a Chaplin Film - which it is definitely not.
      A few years ago I read somewhere (I forget where) that somebody had seen the film, and he reported that there is absolutely no trace of the ODJB or indeed any band.
      Hans Eekhoff