7927Re: First ever recording featuring brushes?

  • silverleafjb
    Jan 1, 2010
      To my knowledge, the first recording of brushes may be "land Of Cotton Blues" by the Georgians, from Sept. 6, 1923. In Dick Sudhalter's book "Lost Chords" he suggests this may also be the first drum solo (by Chauncey Morehouse).

      Cheers,
      Chris Tyle