      From: yves francois <aprestitine@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, December 9, 2009 11:07:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] 1923 Morris Past Jazz Masters (was Re: Frogspawn vol. 1)

      John and K- B
      I have been listening to the 1923 sides to quite some detail in the last week or two - excellent jazz, some of the best in NYC at that point in time (and really some of the best jazz ever). There is a need for a proper CD reissue of this material - the best so far is still the FOUNTAIN LP FJ-113. By the way the first session on the LP liner notes and personnel note the brass bass and drums.