7861Re: [RedHotJazz] Clarence Williams

    Nov 22, 2009
      The two titles in question are "What Do You Know About That?" and "Shut Your Mouth", recorded for Paramount around January 1927. They have been reissued twice recently: one take of each title is on the "Big Charlie THomas" CD on Timeless CBC-1-030 and two takes of each on the JSP Complete Fats Waller set Box 1.

      Although there is a great deal of surface noise on the records, I do indeed hear a banjo quite distincly along with the piano, although he neither solos nor plays noticable embellishments.

      > From: kbrau44 <kbrau44@...>

      > Subject: [RedHotJazz] Clarence Williams
      > LetŽs start with: Vocal duet Cl.
      > Williams - Joe Sims of Jan. 1927: I hear a bjo together with cnt and
      > pno. What do you hear and think? Please, listen and let me know! K-B

      Preisknaller: WEB.DE DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
      http://produkte.web.de/go/02/
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic