7856Re: [RedHotJazz] Frog Spawn - a first opinion RE: PAUL DAVIS matrix# 18910 .. and matrix #18911

  • Bob Eagle
    Nov 20, 2009
      FWIW, Jimmy Raschel's given name was James E. Rachels (sic), the son of a physician. His brother, Arthur W. Rachels, 2 years Jimmy's junior, was also a musician. Rachels is the consistent spelling in official records.

      Jimmy was born at Mexico, Audrain County, Missouri in 1910, but the family had moved to Danville, Vermilion County, Illinois by 1916 and were still there in 1930. Raschel was later active in Detroit.

      Bob