      From: Nick Dellow <nick.dellow@...>
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Frog Spawn - a first opinion
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 1:57 PM

      Firstly, many thanks to Michael for his in-depth review. As Howard correctly

      surmised, the Paul Davis transfer was taken from Champion 40038.

      And Michael is also correct in his belief that there is another take of the

      Dixie Stompers' "Jackass Blues" which has still not made it onto CD.

      Nick

      2009/9/11 Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@ web.de>

      > > No dissent, but, two supplementary questions.

      > I can only adress one:

      > > Has anyone ever heard the other Paul Davis (Underneath The Harlem

      > > Moon)? I

      > > assume Frog only have access to the reissue on Champion 40038 or they

      > > would

      > > have issued the original reverse. As nothing whatever is known about

      > > this

      > > band any notion about them is merely a vagrant assumption. On Gennett

      > > labels

      > > issue numbers provide no clue to the intended market, not that that is

      > > conclusive anyway.

      > Nick might be able to answer this, depending what Frog gave him to work on.

      > The previous reissue on Harrison B gives Champion 16524 as its source, but

      > refrains from including the other side, for whatever reason. 78 Quarterly

      > (under?) estimates 3 known copies, so someone must know the side.

      > Michael Rader

      Recent Activity

       3
      New Members