7790Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: BUDDY CHRISTIAN CREOLE FIVE

    Oct 16, 2009
      The 1943 sessions are split across Jazz Time 799877-2: Americans In Paris
      Vol. 5 1939-1949; Jazz Time 789327-2: Americans In Paris Vol. 6 1942-1950,
      Jazz Time 781336-2: Antillles Jazz 1930-1954. (These were probably marketed
      by EMI for about three weeks but the series does turn up from French on-line
      dealers.

      The 1947 titles were on Barclay 81.004/5: Le Jazz Parisien...liberé. Anyone
      know a CD?

      While we¹re here, I have a main title index to pre-war Jazz Hots and a
      detailed index to Jazz-Tango Swing. If Charlie Johnson was interviewed by
      contemporary French enthusiasts, I don¹t where the results were published.
      Any ideas, Yves? These guys mostly played in upper-class watering holes to
      which the young cognoscenti couldn¹t go and this probably accounts for the
      very scant attention they devoted to them. Johnson is mentioned once in
      Panassié¹s Douze Années de Jazz.