7745Re: [RedHotJazz] Introduction and Inquery

  • David W. Littlefield
    Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Yehoshua. Welcome to Red Hot Jazz email list.

      2 aspects:
      1. To learn the style, listen to recordings on http://redhotjazz.com
      2. If you have good ears you can learn the tunes--melodies and
      chords--as you learn the style.
      3. If you need the use music to learn tunes, I created two fake books--
      "Dixieland Fake Book Vols. 1 & 2"

      My website is
      http://americanmusiccaravan.com
      click on Books.

      I attached my essay on dixieland rhythm, and my list of basic tunes,
      both of which are in Vol. 1.

      Shalom.
      --Dave "Sheik" Littlefield