7743Introduction and Inquery

  • Yehoshua
    Oct 1, 2009
      Hello all. My name is Yehoshua, I live in Israel, and it's a pleasure to be part of this wonderful group. I'm a beginner in Red Hot Jazz, thanks mostly to the music of Leon Redbone. I've got a few questions and I'd be gratful to anybody who can help me:

      1) Are there any podcasts or downloadable radio shows that deal with this topic, presenting it and explaining it, its history and developement, masters, etc.?

      2) As a guitar player, how can I learn to play in the hot jazz style? Any recommended books? I'm talking more specifically about rhythm guitar. And what sort of gear might be recommended to capture the early Jazz sound?

      Hope my questions are not out of place or issues that hae already been explored and exhausted in previous posts.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic