      From: robertgreenwood_54uk <robertgreenwood_54uk@...>
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: Boyd Atkins - note: sax player on Oct 53 Little Johnny Jones session as well
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 3:34 AM

      I am grateful for everyone's response so far to this enquiry, and yes, please, Yves, do ask Bob Koester for me. I'm afraid that the post-war blues group has so far supplied only a Chadbourne (like Bowdler, his name could perhaps enter the language and be forever associated with cobbled together & unreliable information) , but ignorant until now of his lack of credibility my reply to that group may seem misplaced.

      The reason for my interest in Atkins, quite apart from my high regard for Elmore James' Broomdusters, is that I am researching material for a proposed article on trumpeter Guy Kelly. Kelly once played with Atkins' band and I would like to include some information on him; Atkins, that is. As for Guy Kelly, expect more pestering enquiries...

      Robert.