7697RE: [RedHotJazz] Oh no, not Flo again

    Sep 14, 2009
      Yves, good to hear Anthony Barnett's opinion on King/Mr. Flo.

      Have you listened to the clarinet on the Perry Bradfords - not necessarily King, maybe Arnett Nelson, but maybe...?

      I outlined the trail of evidence in my earlier posting and I'm still not convinced it's Arville Harris.

      I don't think the clarinet on the Bradfords is very similar to what we know is definitely King, but could you identify Buster Bailey or Albert Nicholas on their early 20s trio work if you only knew their work ca. 1930?

      Michael Rader

      > PS: my apology to misspelling Anthony Barnett's name - he was very
      > helpful regarding this, and IMHO has one of the greatest independent
      > record labels out there - now someone needs to create a label for
      > obscure hot Harlem hornmen like Barnett for violins or GHB/Jazzology/
      > American Music et all for NOLA music all the bestYves

      re: CLIFFORD KINGAnthony Barrett, who would
      > be IMHO more knowledgeable than anyone re Mr King (due to his work on
      > Eddie South) has listened to Flo and feels that the clarinet player
      > is NOT Mr King. .... I presume it is
      > probably Arville Harris, and he declined in the 1930's - due to
      > either a decline in physical powers or, even worse, trying to "
      > modernize" his style - to dire effectall the bestYves Francois

      Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
      für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* http://produkte.web.de/go/02/
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic