7684Re: [RedHotJazz] Frog Spawn - a first opinion

    Sep 13, 2009
      You're right about this, although the Frog comes from Perect 14341 - my memory is no longer as good as it was and I was writing from what is left of it.

      The notes also give Champion 400038 for the Paul Davis, but maybe the issue on Frog will bring an an owner of the other side into the open.

      The Charles Matsons are apparently foreseen for the second batch of Spawn and not for the Bernie Young - my guess was due to a "prototype" CD of a Bernie Young kindly sent by a collector friend of David French's.

      The Oliver Olga was recently reissued on Jazz Oracle's "Gift from the President" tribute to John RT Davies.

      I also forgot to mention that Nick had previously been active as a sleeve not writer for Retrieval.

      As I said, a first opinion...

      Michael Rader