7676Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Frog Spawn - a first opinion

    Sep 11, 2009

      Although I must admit to being puzzled by a track called "Solilognoy" (at a guess a typo for Rube Bloom's "Soliloquy") listed both on the Challenge website and elsewhere, I have the impression that most, if not all, of the contents of the CD have been previously issued on quality CDs (early JSP, Timeless, Jazz Oracle, Frog and HEP). From this point of view, it doesn't strike me as a particular sensible reissue. But it is sure to be entertaining listening and might have informative notes by Digby Fairweather and it depends whether such a package is worth a little more than ten bucks to you (Amazon.com price). Harry Coster is usually a sign of quality, but probably not better than John RT Davies.

      > Michael:
      > Speaking of new releases,
      > would you--or any of the other list members--know if the songs on the
      > newly released Retrieval CD, "The Jazz Modernists," are the same as
      > those already widely available on other CDs? Even if they are,
      > perhaps Harry Coster has improved their sound.
      > Gerard J. Fitzpatrick

      Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
      für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* http://produkte.web.de/go/02/
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic