      From: Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...>
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] The return of Flo was: Re: Arnett Nelson
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 1:38 AM

      Following Chris Hillman's proposal that the clarinet on "Red Hot Flo" was Clifford King, I checked my copy of Rust, which only gives him for several sessions by Doc Cook(e) and a period with Eddie South. The Cookes mainly have Jimmie Noone as clarinet soloist and the Souths are mainly "ethnically" oriented with little opportunity for clarinet solos. From what little there is, I would say that King is a possibility on "Flo", but remain unconvinced.

      So, is there any more work by Mr. King on record?

      Michael Rader

      Recent Activity

       4
      New Members

      Visit Your Group

      Yahoo! News
      Get it all here
      Breaking news to
      entertainment news

      Drive Traffic
      Sponsored Search
      can help increase
      your site traffic.

      Non Sibi Sed Patriae Support Navy Kids And Our Country

      .