7569Re: [RedHotJazz] Blues Banjo

    Jul 31, 2009
      Post-scriptum :

      > While a lot of Cannon's recording are not really blues, his "Springdale
      > Blues"
      > is, as is Jackson's "Good Doing Papa Blues."

      I am afraid there is some confusion, since as far as I know Charlie Jackson
      never recorded that number. It is the title of an unissued recording by
      Isaiah Nettles a.k.a. the Mississippi Moaner, which - obviously - no-one has
      heard.

      The songs performed by Papa Charlie on guitar are the following :
      Texas blues (1925)
      Jackson's Blues (1926)
      Up The Way Bound (1926)
      but to be honest, according to B&GR there was every time another take which
      he accompanied on his usual 6-string banjo. Which I'll enjoy checking
      tomorrow.

      P.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic