6788Re: Seminole Syncopators / Harry's Happy Four

  • John O
    Mar 22 4:23 PM
      Thanks Yves, I just saw your message... Yes, I found it strange the Frog DGF 69 essay (about the Missourians) didn't mention these groups, nor Harry Cooper. Still, it's great to have these sides reissued together.

      I agree, much fantastic work by Cooper--his two sessions with Ellington (March 1926) quite intriguing as well.

      Cheers,

      John

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, aprestitine@... wrote:

      > John
      > The composer credits were not listed in the Collectors Items LP 006, the last time this music was reissued. I do not have the Seminole 78 (wish I did, fantastic music), I do have one of the Harry's Happy Four ( the one w RQ as the second trumpet, I also own one coupling of the session with Sara Martin, the HHF are probably some of my favorite music ever committed to wax, I am quite transfixed by Harry Cooper, and follow him through all the records he made in Paris), I wonder this myself sometimes, excellent record, will check by Harry Happy Four 78 for the data this week
      > all the best
      > Yves Francois
      >
      > BTW did you notice the notes on the CD issue of the Missourians do not mention the excellent music before the Victor's on the CD ? Odd for Frog, they are usually so good about that.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic