      From: yves francois <aprestitine@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 8:54:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: The Anxiety of Influence was The Influence of Anxiety

      hello Mordechai (and everyone else)
      ...probably some the greatest traditional jazz ever recorded, right along with the CJB IMHO, the best of the AM Bunk Johnson's is (along with the sensational Jazz Information session) amongst the best music ever recorded IMHO, and I agree, the long blues (both the ones I know) is a fantastic recording !! Indeed I played it twice last week, in fact.
      George and Bunk are both originals, and what does anyone think about the possibilities that both of their playing may of been influenced by playing outside of NOLA itself in Southern Louisiana (indeed remember Bunk did not live in NOLA much after the teens,George did play gigs in the near territories like Bunk, but I believe he usually lived in NO, he did play with some of the same musicians from the Banner band et all)
      Yves

      PS did anyone privately record the Banner band that we know of?