6618RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Keep The Spoon Out Of Your Cup was Button Up Your Overquote

    Feb 6 1:45 AM
      I don't know either but my informed opinion is that they were copying the
      Shields solo. How this so entered the public domain I have no idea.
      Possibly one player copied it first -- Milé -- and the others copied him. I
      don't think they all sat round and studied the record. Maybe they heard it
      from brother Harry who reported that he copied it note for note and always
      played it. How did Picou's solo on 'High Society' become standard ?

      Did George ever claim Dodds influence ?